.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Tonight if you hear a bloody scream throughout the neighborhood it won't be me. You won't see that cool little orange and black Geek Squad pulling me over tonight. For the first time since I bought this computer x years ago I finally backed up my hard drive.

I know. I'm a bad IT Director. Go ahead... bend my dog tags and stamp my meal card "no desserts." Yes, I'm like the plumber with the leaky pipes, or the mechanic with the tap it noise in the engine.... I know what I ought to be doing, but after working with technology all day long the last thing I want to do is come home and pull preventive maintenance.

Well that was until I went and got a cool disk imaging tool. My first option was going to be Norton Ghost, but after reading user reviews I decided to try something different so I went with Acronis True Image. The whole operation took less than an hour to download, install, and perform the backup. Sweet. I no longer have to hold my breath when I see an orange and black car in the neighborhood. I know they're not coming to take my pc away. Yes... these are tidings of comfort and joy. I'm free to exhale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home