.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Freeka Geek

Ok... I will confess.. I am a geek. Not a descendant of a geek. Not a half breed, one of my parents was really cool kinda geek. But a full-blooded laptop carrying, MCP certified geek.

I used to tell people I'm not really a geek, I just play one at work.... because that's what they pay me to do.

Call it denial or whatever you will, but I never wanted to admit to myself or any other human being my technology habits .

I wanted to believe that I was really this cool person after hours when they weren't paying me to do geeky things, think geeky thoughts.

I wanted to think that I'm no different than the average Joe... the one who clocks out, goes home, eats dinner, and, uh... does whatever average Joe does after hours. That's the person I imagined myself to be. That's the person I wanted you to believe I was...

But truth be known, I am not the average Joe... even when I am off the clock, I find that somewhere down in my little digital heart my mind is never too far from technology... dying to check my e-mail, update my website, text message someone, write in my blog, blah blah blah..... there is no end to my digital mind.

I can't say for sure how it all began, but I'm almost certain it's roots can be traced back to my high school days... and the day I did all my tattoos.... in the dorm room... during study hour... because I didn't need to study... because I always made the honor roll anyway.... because I was bored and my idle brains needed something to do... and besides, everyone else was doing it.... well not everyone else, but at least two other people so that made it ok.

It started because they were making all these cool little tattoos with their sweeties names inside of crooked hearts... and I wanted to fit in... so I made some tattoos of my own.... and not knowing what to do next after writing my name I simply made dots. Dots for every one of my fingers..... and one of my wrists, finishing with a little "o" on my left arm.

It's strange to think how this could all be connected to the person I am today, but knowing what I know now, I can almost be sure the url's and e-mail addresses were sure to come....

If only study hour would have been an hour longer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rezilla, you are a total geekzilla. I’ve known that from the first 10 seconds of the first conversation with you.

So many high tech toys and not enough time to play will all of them at the same time.


bom

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Rezilla said...

Sorry Jelly boy... had to delete your comment b/c it was messing up my page.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home