.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Summer is Closed

I should have seen it coming when they so rudely woke me up last weekend. I was having this really cool dream, the kind where you never want to wake up, when suddenly i heard all these strange loud noises outside. For a split second i thought we were under attack. I didn't know what was going on. I was trying to differentiate between my dream world and my half awake state when i finally realized it was the geese. There was this huge flock of them, and they were very loudly heading south for the winter.... it was as if they wanted to wake the whole reservation up to proclaim there departure.

I guess it didn't really hit me until yesterday what they were trying to say... it must be the denial. somewhere in the back of my mind i kept thinking the sun was going to come back out full force and warm us all up... but it hasn't happened that way... instead there is all this gray and cold and dreary stuff... stuff i don't do too well in.... stuff that can have the impact of rendering me immobile... i am not a cold weather being... i need warmth in my life...

In the old days it might have been a sign... a sign telling me to go up into the mountains and meditate on this... with further notice to not come back down until i had some commandments or tablets or a clear set of instructions in hand on how to deal with this cold...

But lucky for me, today it's more simple than that... today it gets to be a sign that i need to go down to the espresso stand and renew that frequent fliers card and start ordering doubles again... because for all intents and purposes, summer is officially closed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rezilla said...

Right on, brother... i'll take a double vanilla latte laced with irish cream... the real stuff... LOL!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home