.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Change

This is a carry over from the previous brain dump....

Original message posted Wed 26 May 2004 01:34:06 PM EDT:

Well here I am - looking back at the past few years. Thinking about all the tribal politics and all the uphill battles I have fought, only to come out on top. Some people say that as tribal employees, we only have the qualities to do what we do and nothing more. I have seen great leaders in our tribe fail; I have seen great managers fired. Are we as a tribe so fearful of change that we are willing to suppress those individuals who, by nature ask the questions and make things happen. Are we so in tune with the same old song, "that is just the way it is done around here"? I am moving on - not saying that I am Great or anything special, but that today I leave my job, not because I am quiting, only that I am moving on. Years ago my mother (the wisdom) told me that I wouldn't like working for a tribe that is so slow in doing things. The politics, the envy, the defamation. To want things to happen, to only become disappointed in the cycle - no it is not done that way, no it can't happen, oh I'll believe it when I see it attitude. I now question "our way" - there is a word for it in almost every language. Do we continue to seek inspiration in the way it has always been done. To take an idea back to the people, to the elders and have them guide us in our way. Our world has changed in so many ways, our youth are losing the cultures that has been ingrained in us and yet in our busy lives, it is hard to maintain balance. Our cultures are being encroached upon by the fast paced life of the urban sprawl. Our tribal governments are bombarded with so many issues. With this, I wonder, moving into my new position, will I see the connection of the wishes of our people and will I see how I can be an effective player in this game. Can I venture out into the world and bring a message back to our people that we are ready? Are we ready to become as agressive in business and as strong in our economics to better the lives our people? I wonder. The Duckhunter

1 Comments:

Blogger Rezilla said...

Change is all about persistance.... they say in order to make change you must persist longer and harder than everyone else... make people believe you will never go away, and then they will deal with you. Change is inevitable, and you can either cause it, embrace it, or resist it. How others respond to it is a matter of perspective, and is dependent on what they stand to gain or lose. If it's easy, someone else would have done it... if it's hard, it's probably worth doing and you are probably the right person for the job. Hang in there! Keep your chin up! Things find a way of working themselves out eventually.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home