.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

10/22/2003 9:24 PM - 0700

There was an ad in the paper for egg donors. Apparently there is a shortage of eggs and people are willing to pay you money for it. I think $3,000 was the going price. Now think about that. Most reservations I know are in economically depressed areas. I think it's safe to say there are probably even women on any given rez who could use $3,000. Of course, this strikes my curiosity. What would happen if one of our enrolled tribal members decided to respond to the ad? What would happen if the donation of this tribal egg resulted in a pregnancy? Would the child born from this donation then be eligible for enrollment as a tribal member? Should DNA and/or blood degree be a consideration in this situation? What 'really' makes a person a tribal members? Are we tribal by nature or by nurture? Is this spelled out anywhere in any tribe's enrollment criteria? Hmmmmm.... questions I've always wanted to know but was afraid to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home