.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Sunday, September 07, 2003

09/07/2003 11:32 AM -0700

A wise man once told me, he said "v la fh, you know, when pow wow season is over and you missed watching the chicken dance finals and you lost all your money in stickgame and the cheese is all gone and the light bulbs need changing..... well, sometimes you just gotta say fuggit."

Ah-kay..... I guess that best describes where I am today.... the flowers in my garden have lost their bloom, i'm down to my last drop of patchouli, my fry bread has gone flat, and I haven't updated this page in over a month..... all the usual indicators that summer is officially over and it's time to take life a little more seriously now.

But being born native, I see it as my right, my duty, to spend my summers over-indulging and living on borrowed time.... and that's exactly what I did. I guess it's a habit.... living life as it was intended to be lived... not exactly following the instructions, but enjoying myself and having a good time... it's my way of acknowledging the fact that life is too short and you only live once. They say you are supposed to live and learn. One of these days I just might commit my brain cells to learning, but for today I have decided to mostly live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home