.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Saturday, October 25, 2003

10/25/2003 11:07 PM - 0700

I am very much in love with my people. Maybe it's because I'm biased, or maybe it's because I just got home from a pow wow. Either way, I have yet to find anything in the world that can match the beauty, grace, and harmony found in a pow wow circle.

To tell the truth, I didn't really feel like going. I have been busy trying to clean house, trying to clear some of the 'stuff' out of my life.

'Stuff.' For some reason I accumulate a lot of 'stuff.' I don't even know where it all comes from, or how it grows to such monstrous proportions, but it seems like I always end up having entirely too much 'stuff.' It's like I open my eyes and it's just there. 'Stuff.' Everywhere. I'm beginning to believe it multiplies overnight, although I have no proof.

Anyway, I was all wrapped up in trying to get rid of 'stuff' when the pow wow started. I thought I would go and at least check it out. I didn't expect to stay more than 15 minutes. I just wanted to do a walk through, and then get back home to work on ridding my life of 'stuff.' But it didn't happen that way. Instead, once I got out there and walked through the door it was like I was under a spell. I didn't really realize how heavy heavy I was feeling until I went out there and felt my spirit being lifted by the songs, the dancers. Everything immediately penetrated my soul. It did my heart good to feel the connectedness of being with such beautiful native people.

They say there's therapeutic value in white noise, but to dissolve all the 'stuff' that had been accumulating in my own personal being I truly needed the healing properties of brown noise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home