.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

06/18/2003 09:50 PM -0700

I've been in Phoenix these last few days for the National Congress of American Indians session. It's been a while since I've been to NCAI, and it was kinda nice to see some people I haven't seen in a while. On the flight home I struck up conversation with the girl sitting next to me. There was nothing unordinary about her - she just seemed like the typical teenage girl next door. During the two hour flight she ended up showing me some of her pictures of her friends. I noticed that some of her girlfriends were in embracing poses, which I thought was a little curious, but didn't say anything. After a while she started pointing out that some of them are lesbians. I was surprised to find this out. They didn't look like the usual bull dyke types. I told her that I was glad to see that lesbians are starting to look more feminine and girly, and that I never could understand why someone would proclaim to be lesbian only to turn around and go out with another chick that looked and acted like a man. That just doesn't make sense to me, and seems hypocritical. I mean if you want a man, go out with a man for Christ's sake! Hello?? NO matter how much bull is in the dyke, they just cannot take the place of a man. Amongst other things, men have hard bodies that can't be duplicated by females. I always thought a true lesbian is one that will go after a woman because they are attracted to their soft cuddly bodies. And that goes for gay guys, too. I hate it when I see a gay guy go after another gay guy who is feminine. Again, if you want a woman FIND ONE! But if you are truly a gay man, you will love men because of the physical features that only other men have. OK, after having told her all that, she confessed to me that she, too, was a lesbian, sorta. She admitted that she also liked guys, so she was actually bi. I guess I should have known, but I didn't. Then we discussed the gay / lesbian thing for a while longer, and got into the whole gay phobia discussion, which is another thing that I don't understand. It's like, if you don't like gay men or lesbians, then simply don't go out with them! Other than that, it's like Live and Let Live. Everyone has a right to love who they want, and it's no-body else's biz-nass! Personally, I'm very comfortable with being straight, so the gay scene doesn't bother me. I think I woulda made a perfect flower child back in the day - peace, love, dove, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home