.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Thursday, June 12, 2003

06/12/2003 09:39:47 PM -0700

Every once in a while (translated to 'almost every day' in rez time) my house seems like a zoo... every tv in the house is on, stereos blaring, nintendos & playstations going, everyone talking, laughing, or crying at once, people coming and going at all hours (they ought to design revolving doors into these HUD houses). Sometimes it is so much, even the lights and the internet seem to be loud.

It never happens like it does on the commercials where you get to "escape with a calgon bath." That's all some sort of sick hoax white people made up. It's more like this play I saw a few years ago "Angry Housewives...Eat Your Fucking Cornflakes." Not that the play itself reflects any part of my life, but the title just seems sooooo appropriate at times. And I know it's not just me. A visit to any rez USA, or even Canada, and this scene gets re-enacted over and over.....only the families change (probably to protect the innocent).

Monday I had this big press release with some big brass from DC, and when I went to dinner with them that evening they were talking about their families, and were inquisitive about mine. I'm like yeah, do they really want to know? I shoulda said "Hey, I just live right down the street on the border of moccasin flats. Let's just drop by my house right now and you'll know all you ever wanted to know about living on the rez..." I'm sure it would have cured their curiosity for life. If they only knew.... LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home