.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Monday, May 12, 2003

05/12/2003 09:14 PM -0700

OK, I'm done being wrecked. Life's too short. I went to a tech conference last week and I drove by one of my old duty stations - Ft. Lewis. I don't get over to that part of the state very often, but when I do I always remember the funny shit about that assignment. I was assigned to an Air Defense Artillery unit, and being in ADA we were always in the field. One time we were in Korea for a military exercise. We set up camp in the country side. As part of setting up camp, we had to set up some field latrines. If you've never set up a field latrine, it's not hard to do. You just dig up some holes and set the little army issued wooden green toilet seats over them. Then you put a tent over it, and viola! Military porta-potty. One night it ended up that there was a small group of us in line waiting to use the latrine. We had been out there for a couple of weeks by then, and the porta-potties were getting full and ripe. Anyway, Captain G flicked on her flashlight to see if the toilet seat was up or down. As she leaned over to take a look her flashlight fell right in there! Now what would you do? I mean it must have cost all of $1.80 (or something like that). Well, Captain G, being our fearless leader, reaches her hand right in there and fishes her flashlight out! I could not believe it! Shit up to her elbows! I was stunned. Here we were all supposed to be quiet and shit, and we were rolling around laughing our asses off. And all she could say was "Well! It's a new flashlight!" Yeah, ok Captain G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home