.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Saturday, May 10, 2003

05/10/2003 10:52:36 PM-0700

I'm wrecked for days. Living in HUD housing is not what it used to be. Last week 6 houses on my block that had their tires slashed. Do you think I was the lucky one? After all, they only slashed 5 tires at my house. What is it with this rez? It's not like everyone doesn't know everyone. I live in one of those small towns that you can throw a rock across, and nearly everyone is a relative. It doesn't take a whole lot of deductive reasoning to figure out who did it. Do the math: Kids that have a propensity for being violent + parents who are apathetic = HUDlums. We all know which kids fit this equation. I wish they would bring back the days when they would say "Sorry son, but you can either go to war or go to jail." Or maybe we ought to return to our traditional ways and ostracize those who are destructive to the tribe. Or better yet, their must be a way to FDISK, reformat, and start over just like you do with a computer. At least reboot for christ's sake. Deferred prosecutions, social service programs, extended probations, and tough love just does not cut it. Something has to give. These kids obviously have a malfunction, and if someone doesn't troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair soon I hate to think of the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home