.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

05/28/2003 11:23 PM -0700

Lately I've been very very high on life and have had a lot of positive things going on. Whenever I have a lot of excitement I usually become a major insomniac. My choices at this point are to keep everyone in the house up, or to listen to music and enter the brain dump. OK, so here I am. One thing I thought was cool: I was asked to testify before the US Senate Committee on Indian Affairs on telecommunications issues on behalf of ATNI (Affiliated Tribes of NW Indians). This was a first for me (testifying in DC), and at first I was very reluctant. I mean I've testified before state legislators before, but DC is a different ball game altogether. But for whatever reasons, the ATNI Tribes pushed me to the front and and I found myself in DC. When I got there I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. There was a lot of polished brass and high ranking officials, but I just kept focusing on the tribes back home who I was there to represent, and it all worked out. The funny thing I kept thinking about was the movie 8 mile. I kept imagining I was going through the "choke, choke, choke" scene. But then I fast forwarded in my mind to the ultimate performance in the end where he kicked ass, and I got into a zone of my own. Not to say I wasn't still nervous, but at least I didn't choke. I had a lot of support from some great people who believed in me, and I know it was their good vibes that carried me.

Another awesome event was the news that my tribe got a very large technology grant I applied for last November. This was another first for me, so needless to say I was elated when I found out we were awarded almost the full amount we applied for. Now my mind keeps racing to the end result, and we don't even have cash in hand yet. I mean there are so many new possibilities and I want to do everything at once. I keep toggling between three worlds of existence: the past - the present - and the future, and excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel....

The last time I was surrounded by so much positive energy I checked out my horoscope, and everything was in line exactly with what was going on in my life. I like to think I'm a rational thinker, but you know, sometimes the stars are as rational as anything else can be. This is what the stars say for me this month:

"Satisfaction in your work and pleasurable relationships with others are featured in May. Enjoy a reunion with an old friend. You could be in for some unexpected complications mid-month. An issue related to insurance, or a bequest left to you by someone who has passed away could emerge. With prosperous Jupiter in your financial sector, it may represent a windfall. Check out the facts. Get professional advice before you sign anything. Romance mid-month could be wonderful and fulfilling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home