.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Moose Hunting w/a cross bow


I went moose hunting yesterday. My second day out this season. As we started out I still wasn't sure what I was doing out there. I'm not what you would call a real hunter. I mean I like the outdoors, but just not for long periods of time. I'm a homebody by nature, and I'm not too big on roughing it, especially when that means no flushing toilets.

To be honest, I wanted to go home after about 4 hours. I can't stand to be cold and I desperately wanted some fresh coffee, but the weather was cooperating so I forced myself to continue on. I knew if I put it off for another day I was taking the risk of being out in the rain or snow. Totally not my idea of hunting.

After nearly 8 hours we were just about to call it a day, and poof! There she was standing about 42 yards out. It took four arrows. The first two were total misses - maybe it was the foliage, or maybe it was reluctance on my part, but once I hit her with the third arrow I knew I would have to follow through. At that point I was completely amazed and overwhelmed at how she seemed to take pity on me. She could have ran away, she could have made it hard on me, but instead she gave me a fourth chance, and this time the arrow went straight to the heart, both hers and mine.

I'm not sure I will take up hunting again, but I have five years until I'm eligible for the moose lottery again so we'll see. In the mean while, I have 465 lbs of meat to take my family through the winter.

Click here to watch the video.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Crossbows are cool and quite easy to make.
Medieval Crossbow

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home