.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RezBlog

Now that they gave me the source code I have set out to change the world. . . BRB!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rose Creek, Somewhere on the Rez, United States

Sometimes I think solipsism is real and you're not...

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Giggly Pig

When he first told me he wanted a furry little piglet, I wasn't sure what he meant. All I could think of was that cute little piglet his grampa got for his birthday last year. They named him Red.

Red roamed around the yard with the dogs. Their house is out in the country with plenty of wide open space. Enough space to keep their many dogs and a pig. As traditional Lakota people, they usually keep a lot of dogs. By a lot I don't mean 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6.... I mean anywhere from 10 to 20 dogs at any give time.

When they first put him out in the yard, Red was no match for their many dogs. He was small and defenseless and needed protection. If he even tried to eat with them, the dogs would attack him. But with the help of time and lots of Indian slop, he quickly grew into this enormous gigantic hog almost overnight. It wasn't long before the dogs began to give up their food to him and bow down in his presence. He easily out-weighed all of them put together. Needless to say, he had the run of the yard.

Now as tempting as that all sounds, I had a hard time convincing myself that buying a "giggly pig" was a good idea. As I was going over all the arguments why not, he finally got across what it was he wanted. Much to my relief, it was a guinea pig he was after. Thank god. I could not imagine where in HUD housing we could hide a monster-sized hog for very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home